Saturday, March 21, 2009

Terrific deals

I don't know about you, but as a taxpayer I'm delighted at the prospect of going into debt to fund other people's holidays and unlimited supplies of cigarettes to people in prison.

During the 2007 election I thought the Liberal Party might have been pushing pushing it a bit far with some of the claims made about Labor along the lines of 'once they get in they'll just change it all'.

I was wrong.

Under the cover of darkness (the GFC) they have increased taxes, blown the budget, tried to start some sort of class war and driven the country into recession.

Steve Price from November 2007:

Holding a copy of the Melbourne Herald Sun with a front-page treatment about Kevin Rudd playing "me too" politics and copying the Coalition's election promises, I said to Garrett that it was turning into the "me too" election.

With a straight face he replied that that would not matter because "once we get in we'll just change it all".

I just looked at him, said nothing and walked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment